DV7 Engineers have been providing complex avionics product and software development solutions for companies worldwide. Few teams can match the level of safety-critical expertise of DV7. Whether you are adding functionality to existing equipment. Need (IV&V) Independent Verification and Validation or have an idea for new software functionality. You may need a new piece of equipment that needs to be airworthy, or to support the ground services crews. DV7 can guide it through the process; designed, documented and tested in the proper fashion for the certification required for the FAA, DO-178B/C, DO- 326A (Cyber)… this kind of technologically advanced product needs a team that has been there and done that. That is DV7 Engineering.
- DV7 Engineering is highly experienced and focused. From collaboration around needs, or specific requirements, to prototyping, all the way through to a deployable mission-ready system… the right way the DV7 way!
- Experience in embedded System and Sub-System Development
- Industry knowledge of flight-worthy and ground service product engineering featuring; usability, feasibility, safety, and ruggedness
- Equipped to handle electro-mechanical and software development
- Built-in INDEPENDENT IV&V team. All testing can be legally and properly completed and documented under one roof.
- Solutions geared for FAA and worldwide approvals
- Virtually unlimited capabilities to prototype, design and if needed design transfer to manufacturing.
DV7 offers development of complete critical and non-critical embedded software packages. Development is performed using a hybrid methodology which produces high quality, safety critical, and testable software in a rapid and cost-efficient manner.
- Planning process documentation and development tooling set-up
- Requirements planning and tracing
- High-level software specification from client system specification
- Software architecture and low-level design
- Source code
- Software executable generation and debugging.
DV7 maintains a complete one stop SDLC environment and corresponding IV&V activities are performed by legally Independent V&V integrated teams.
IV&V Independent Verification & Validation
IV&V- Independent Verification & Validation is an engineering process employing rigorous methodologies, and the use of tools for evaluating the correctness and quality of the software product throughout the software lifecycle. Software IV&V is adapted to the characteristics of the project, and the level of criticality.
IV&V the DV7 way;
- Includes risk identification and mitigation techniques
- Provides independent evaluation and assessment of:
- Are we building the product correctly? Which is verification
- Did we build the correct product? Which is validation
- Requires technical, managerial, and financial independence see figure 1.
- Makes a value-added contribution, everyone shares the same mission and success objective
- Provides management with project assurance
- Provides project management with an unbiased source of help and review
- Helps Deliver
- Risk identification and mitigation
- Increased quality and safety
- Improve timeliness and reliability
- Reduced escapes, means little or no rework, faster completion and lowered costs.
The DV7 Way vs. the wrong way of developing and testing
Bad requirements and bad testing (low cost), lead to high % of escapes. Leading to rework, delays and much higher cost. Worst case, catastrophic failure, injury and loss of life.
222 Pitkin St. Suite 113 East Hartford, CT 06108
860 969 1960
Want to know what DV7 is up to? Follow us on your favorite platform.
Committed to our Customers
DV7 Engineering is committed to the success of our clients. We strive to educate, collaborate, and partner on projects to solve problems and create superior products.
Let's Get Started!
Our team of engineers are ready for a challenge. We would love to learn and collorboate on your next project. Fill out the form below and let's get started!